Do you want to teach what you love? Diving. The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) consists of two parts – The PADI Assistant Intructor (AI) and the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)program. During this course you will begin to learn the responsibilities of teaching and develop your teaching skills. If you want to take a professional course like PADI OWSI‚ Evasioni Blu Diving Resort in Ustica and Isola delle Femmine (Palermo‚ Sicily) is the right place for you!
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Program
What you will learn during your PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course:
- How to teach the theoretical parts of PADI courses
- How to present diving skills during confined water and open water lessons
- How to organize‚ set up and supervise lessons in confined waters and open waters
- How to assess the abilities of students during PADI courses
- How to teach and certify the PADI Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty‚ Project Aware Specialist is Aware Coral Reef Conservation
- How to use and apply with the standards and procedures in all PADI courses
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course is divided into the following main parts:
- Knowledge Development (online with individual or classroom study) underwater theory and theoretical exam
- The use of PADI standards and the PADI Instructor Manual
- Practical sessions where you will practice your aquatic skills and rescue skills.
- Practical classroom teaching sessions and academic presentations
- Practical teaching sessions in confined waters
- Practical sessions of teaching in open water
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course (first aid)
Each of these points will be repeated several times and eventually will be evaluated by our Instructor Development Staff and Course Director.
Finally‚ after completing the Instructor Development Course (IDC) program‚ you will be assessed during the Instructor Exam (IE) by PADI examiners in your theoretical and practical teaching skills in confined and open waters.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Prerequisites
- PADI Divemaster for at least 6 months
- A valid Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid)certificate issued within the previous 24 months
- A medical certificate
- At least 60 dives recorded at the beginning of the course and at least 100 dives recorded in order to attend the Istructor Exam (IE)
Credit/Certification PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
When your PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course is successfully completed‚ you will need to request your certificate as PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor‚ which will allow you to teach courses and programs independently of each other:
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving
- PADI ReActivate
- PADI Bubblemaker program
- PADI Open Water Diver
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI Divemaster
Continue your diving career with Evasioni Blu Diving Resort!
Contact us for info on the dates organized for the next IDC you can attend! Sign up for the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Online-E Learning course‚ to have immediate access to the manual and to the videos integrated in a single guide for online learning‚ or contact us to sign up directly at our diving center Evasioni Blu Diving Resort.