Want to teach what you love? Diving. Take the first step in becoming a PADI instructor and start following the PADI Assistant Instructor course. The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) consists of two parts – The PADI Assistant Intructor (AI) and the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. During this course you will begin to learn the responsibilities of teaching and develop your teaching skills. If you want to take a professional course like PADI Assistant Instructor‚ Evasioni Blu Diving Ustica - Palermo ( Sicily ) is the right place for you!
PADI Assistant Instructor Program
What you will learn during your PADI Assistant Instructor course:
- How to teach the theoretical parts of PADI courses
- How to present diving skills during confined water and open water lessons
- How to assess the surface skills under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor
- How to teach and certify the Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor
- How to teach Project Aware Specialist courses and Aware Coral Reef Conservation
- How to conduct a Discover Scuba Diving in confined waters
- How to conduct an AquaMission SealTeam
- How to use and apply with the standards and procedures of these courses.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is divided into the following main phases:
- Knowledge development (online with individual study or in the classroom) scuba diving theory
- The use of PADI standards and the PADI Instructor Manual
- Practical sessions where you will practice your aquatic skills and rescue skills.
- Practical classroom teaching sessions and academic presentations
- Practical teaching sessions in confined waters
- Practical sessions of teaching in open water
PADI Assistant Instructor Prerequisites
- PADI Divemaster for at least 6 months
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) issued within the previous 24 months
- A medical certificate
- At least 60 dives recorded at the beginning of the course and at least 100 dives recorded at the time of the Istructor Exam (IE)
Credit/Certification PADI Assistant Instructor
If you successfully complete the PADI Assistant Instructor course‚ you will need to request your certificate as a PADI Assistant Instructor‚ which will allow you to:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Present initial training in confined waters
- Teach and certify the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty
- Teach and certify Project AWARE specialties and the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation course
- Conducting PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in the pool or confined waters
- Conduct the AquaMissions of the PADI Seal Team
Continue your diving career with Evasioni Blu Diving Resort!
Sign up for the PADI Assistant Instructor Online-E Learning course‚ to have immediate access to the manual and to the videos integrated in a single guide for online learning‚ or contact us to register directly at our diving center Evasioni Blu Diving Ustica.