If you think that current dives are tiring‚ you couldn’t be more wrong ... "Go with the flow" and let yourself be transported without making efforts while diving. Obviously using the right techniques. Join a PADI Drift Diver course with Evasioni Blu Diving Resort in Ustica and Isola delle Femmine (Palermo‚ Sicily).
PADI Drift Diver Program
What you will learn during your PADI Drift Diver course:
- Different water currents‚ their origins and their effects
- Techniques to stay at the right distance from your dive buddy or group during current dives
- How to use specific diving equipment for current diving
- How to navigate during current dives
- Buoyancy control during current dives
The PADI Drift Diver course is divided into two main parts:
- Knowledge development (individual and classroom study).
- Two open water dives to practice current diving skills
PADI Drift Diver Prerequisites
- (Junior) Open Water Diver
- Minimum age 12 years
Credit/Certification PADI Drift Diver
By completing your course you will receive your PADI Drift Diver specialty certification. Some dive sites or dive centers require a Drift Diver license to be able to dive in currents. This certification can be credited as an adventure dive for your PADI Adventure Diver or PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.